Our funeral home takes great pride in handling every aspect of the funeral process for you. Once you place the initial call to the Lawrence A. Gabriel Funeral Home and Cremation Services Inc., you can rest assured that we will handle every detail for you. We truly believe, when a loved one passes away, the surviving family members and friends should get together, tell stories, and reminisce about the life of their loved one. Your time should NOT be spent running errands, contacting churches, visiting rectories, cemeteries, florists, or restaurants. These are all details our funeral home will handle for you. After you place your initial call to the Gabriel Funeral Home, the only thing left for you to do is select your merchandise.
Depending on the wishes of each family, there are many services our funeral home provides, from the time we are first called until the chosen services are concluded. We realize, no situation is exactly the same, but the following is a brief overview of the services our funeral will always provide.
OUR FUNERAL HOME WILL ALWAYS . . .
- Be on call to serve families when a death occurs (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year).
- Remove and transfer your loved one from the place of death (home, nursing home, hospital, etc.,) to our funeral home. We will also transport your loved one to and from the crematory if necessary.
- Perform professional care for your loved one, requested by the family, which includes washing, embalming, restorative art, dressing, casketing, hairdressing, and cosmetology.
- Arrange a consultation with your family to gather information necessary for completing paperwork (death certificate, etc.) and to arrange the details of the funeral service.
- Formulate, complete, and file all necessary paperwork, including certificates of death, or other permits and authorizations; acquire a requested amount of certified copies of the death certificate for the family.
- Compose an obituary from the information provided – including service information, biographical information, and survivor information – and send to all newspapers requested by the family.
- Offer assistance to the family by contacting the family’s choice of clergy, other officiants, musicians, and singers (if requested), and will make arrangements with any special groups (military, fraternal, etc.) to be present at and/or participate in the funeral services.
- Contact and arrange necessary details with the cemetery, crematory, or other place of disposition, inquiring about fees, regulations, and other requirements prior to the funeral service.
- Help families with questions about veteran’s affairs, social security benefits, insurance claims, and other related inquiries.
- Provide memorial products, which may include a register book, acknowledgement cards, thank-you cards, prayer cards, and laminated picture cards, as requested by the family.
- Help families by arranging flowers, framed photos, photo collages, and other memorial pieces in our funeral home during the services and/or visitation; ensure care of and return to family after the services.
- Direct the chosen funeral services in a professional, dignified, and compassionate manner, from the initial call to our funeral home, to the visitation, funeral service, and processional (if necessary), to the disposition of remains (burial, cremation, etc.).
- Deliver, at the conclusion of the service, flowers, register book, crucifix, flower cards, prayer cards, photos that were displayed, and any other items back to the family.
- Assist the family with other arrangements that are needed after the service, including death dates added to existing monuments or purchase of new monuments.